Many people think that buying a new furnace is a waste of money. But, if you research, you’ll find that it can save you money in the long run.
Why a new furnace can save you money
While a new one may seem like a significant upfront cost, it can save you money in the long run. New furnaces are much more efficient than older models, meaning they use less energy to produce the same heat. This can lead to lower heating bills and reduced wear and tear, leading to even more savings. In addition, newer furnaces often come with features that can improve efficiencies, such as variable-speed blowers and two-stage heating.
How a it can save you money
Did you know that upgrading your furnace can save you money? They are more energy-efficient than ever, which means they use less fuel and cost less to operate. In fact, according to Energy Star, upgrading to a new, energy-efficient furnace can save you up to 30% on your heating costs.
New furnaces are built to last and come with comprehensive warranties that cover parts and labor. If something goes wrong with it, you won’t have to pay for the repairs out of pocket.
If you’re thinking about upgrading your furnace, now is a perfect time. With energy-efficiency tax credits available, you can get even more money back on your purchase. So don’t wait – upgrade your furnace today and start saving!
The benefits of a new furnace
A new furnace can save you money in several ways. First, it is more energy efficient than an older model. This means using less energy to heat your home will save you money on your energy bills. Second, a it may also come with a warranty, protecting you from paying for expensive repairs if something goes wrong. Finally, a new furnace may also increase the value of your home, making it a good investment in the long run.
The cost of a new furnace
A new furnace can save you money in the long run. The cost of a new furnace is an initial investment, but it can actually lower your monthly energy bills and keep your home more comfortable. A new furnace should last 15-20 years with proper installation and regular maintenance.
How to install a new furnace
If you’re in the market for a new furnace, you may wonder if buying a high-efficiency model is worth the investment. The answer depends on several factors, including the type of fuel your furnace uses, the finished space in your basement, and local energy rates.
Here are a few things to consider when deciding if a new, high-efficiency furnace is right for you:
- The type of fuel your furnace uses.
- The finished space in your basement.
- Local energy rates.
How to maintain a new furnace
Homeowners know that buying a new furnace is a significant investment. Not only is the purchase price of it generally much higher than the price of a comparable used model, but the installation costs can also be substantial. Despite the high initial cost, buying a new one can save you money in the long run. Here’s how:
- New furnaces are much more efficient than older models. The most recent generation of furnaces has an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating of 95% or higher. That means that 95% of the fuel you pay for is converted into heat for your home. Compare that to an older furnace with an AFUE rating of 60%. That means that only 60% of the fuel you pay for is converted into heat, with the remaining 40% wasted up the chimney.
- The increased efficiency of new furnaces will lower your energy bills. According to Energy Star, upgrading from an older furnace to a newer, high-efficiency model can save you up to 30% on your heating costs. They estimate that the average family who upgrades will save more than $1,500 over the life of their new furnace in energy costs alone.
- New furnaces come with better warranties than older models. When you buy a new furnace, it will likely come with a warranty that covers both the parts and labor should anything go wrong within the first few years after installation. That peace of mind can be worth its weight in gold when compared to an older furnace that may not have any warranty coverage at all.
The best time to buy.
If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it’s probably time to start thinking about buying a new one. It will be more energy efficient than your old one, saving you money on your energy bills.
The best time to buy a new furnace is in the fall before the winter heating season starts. That way, you’ll have plenty of time to shop around and find the best deal on the model that’s right for your home.
The pros and cons
There are many things to consider when your furnace breaks down, and you have to decide whether to repair or replace it. One crucial factor is the age of your furnace. If it’s more than 15 years old, it’s probably time for a new one. A new one will be more energy-efficient, which means lower energy bills. It will also have features that will improve your comfort, such as better humidity control.
Although it costs more than repairing an old one, it will pay for itself in energy savings and improved comfort within a few years. If your furnace is more than 20 years old, replacement is probably your best option.
Tips for buying a new one
When your old furnace starts to break down, buying the cheapest model you can find can be tempting. But if you take a little time to research your options, you may find that investing in a high-efficiency furnace will save you money in the long run.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when shopping for a new one:
- Look for ENERGY STAR® certified furnaces. These models are up to 15% more efficient than traditional models and can save you hundreds of dollars on your energy bills each year.
- Choose the right size furnace for your home. If it is too small, it will have to work harder to heat your home, using more energy and costing you more money. If it’s too large, it will cycle on and off more often, wearing out prematurely and wasting energy.
- Consider fuel type. If natural gas is available in your area, it’s usually the most cost-effective choice for heating your home. But propane or oil may be your only option if you live in a rural area. Talk to a heating contractor about which fuel type would be best for your home.
If you are looking for a financing option and live in Wichita, KS, call Rod’s Cooling and Heating immediately. They offer financing, and you will get the best advice.